Mount Marami summit offers a magnificent view of the nearby mountain ranges. It’s a mix of views and challenge that can really excite trail runners raring for adventure. Mount Marami Silyang Bato 21K FKT Trail Challenge returns on February 11, 2018 at Maragondon, Cavite.
The first Mount Marami Silyang Bato 21K FKT Trail Challenge was held last August 9, 2016. It was a really unique race especially for the adventure hungry trail runners. The runners showed endurance, grit and the can-do attitude to finish the race despite the tough weather condition. The trail can be a different adventure with some changes with trail and weather conditions and that’s what makes trail running so exciting. It can get wild but it will leave you appreciative of the challenge.
Come February 11, 2018, it’s gonna be a different look in the trail once again. Of course, the elevation would still be part of the challenge especially on the direct assault part of the route. Expect to experience different types of surfaces from wide muddy pathways to single track trails and even steep descending slopes. There will also be long stretches run-able trails for the speedy ones. The assault can be a real challenge even for the experienced ones. There will also be some river crossings. Throughout the route, you’re in for a scenic treat and the view gets better as you hit the summit of Mount Marami.
Aside from the 21K FKT Challenge, there will also be newbie friendly 7K and 14K distance. Enjoy scenic spots along the Mount Marami trail, where you get a peak of the summit before the actual ascent. Early registration is now available and slots are limited to 100 participants for the 21K distance. Register early and prepare for a trail adventure in 2018.
Date and Venue:
- Date: February 11, 2018
- Venue/Assembly/Start and Finish Line: Barangay Talipusngo Hall/Basketball Court, Maragondon, Cavite
- Race Day Schedule
- Assembly Time: 2AM
- Race Briefing: 3AM
- Gunstart: 4AM
- 21K Summit Run- 7 Hours ( Summit Cutoff is 3.5 Hours)
- 14K – 3 hours
- 7K – 2 hours
Fees and Inclusions
- 21K- Summit Run (Limited Slots to 100pax only) – P 1,350 (Inclusive of Medal, Event Shirt, Finisher’s Trucker Cap, Post Race Meal)
- 14K – Road to Trail – P 1,150 (Inclusive of Medal, Event Shirt, Finisher’s Trucker Cap, Post Race Meal)
- 7K – Road to Trail – P 850 (Inclusive of Medal, Event Shirt and Post Race Meal)
- Live Tracking Timing Chip/ Barangay Trail Fee and Municipal Environmental Fee are all included in the registration.
Age Group Categories
- 18-29 (Male and Female)
- 30-39 (Male and Female)
- 40-49 (Male and Female)
- 50-59 (Male and Female)
- 60+ and above (Male and Female)
- Early Bird Registration – 100 pesos off on all Categories from June 1 to August 31, 2017
- Regular Registration – September 1, 2017 to November 30, 2017 only. No Registration Extension. No Special Treatment.
- Registration Procedures:
- Deposit Fee To
- Account Number: S/A# 8269-160838,
- Account Name: GRACIANO S. SANTOS
- Please send scanned copy or picture of the deposit slip with your Full Name /Birthdate in mm/dd/
yy format and Distance Category. and to email: firstname.lastname@example.org om for confirmation of the registration payment.
- Deposit Fee To
- Promo: 10+1 Register for 10 plus 1 Free Kit
- 17 years old and below are not allowed to join the 21K Summit Run. They may join the 14K and 7K Road to Trail accompanied by a parent/guardian (parent or guardian must also register for the event) or he/she must submit a written consent by the parent or guardian. They are excluded in the age group categories.
- Physically and Mentally Fit. No Heart Ailment Condition.
- Runners must submit Medical Certificate for 21K-Summit Run and 14K Road to Trail 1 week before race. Failure to submit medical certificate will not be allowed to race.
- Runners must have ran at least 16K or 10K Trail for 21K Summit Run Category. If not, please kindly send us an email and explain why you should join the event event.
- No Pacers and Bandits Allowed
- Runners must fully understand that all Trail Running Rules and Regulations apply upon registration. Waiver must be signed by the participant upon check-in on race day.
- Registration fee is Non Refundable, Non Transferable. No upgrades or downgrades of distances. No Rollovers.
- The Race Organizers has the right to re-schedule the event date in short notice in case of unforeseen eventualities like weather disturbances or any other factor that might affect the original race date. In this case, if the runner becomes unavailable to race, he/she can send us an email in advance if he/she will transfer the race kit to another person. Failure to inform the organizer about the transfer of race kit is an automatic disqualification on the event.
Required and Recommended Gears
- Hydration bottles or hydration bag with bladder with at least 500ml for 14K and 7K, and 1 liter for 21K Summit-Run. There will be hydration stations provided along the race course.
- Fully Charge Cell Phone with 100peso credits
- Trail Food
- Flash Light/Headlamp
- Trail Shoes (especially for the 21K Summit Run)
- Wind/Rain Jacket
- Trekking Pole
- Facebook Event Page: 2nd Mount Marami Silyang Bato 21K FKT Trail Challenge