AMIHAN 50 Trail Ultra
Amihan brings back the patented feel-good ultra to the trail playground with the fresh scent of pine forest and the cool December Amihan breeze of Baguio City. It’s going to be a fun and challenging race as the runners get to take on the high altitude mountain-terrain of Baguio and Itogon while enjoying the sights and attraction of the Cordillera Mountain Range.
AMIHAN 50 Trail Ultra
Amihan Sports Gear in collaboration with Pinoy Trails, Active Pinas and Team Malaya brings back Amihan 50 on the 2nd day of December. Amihan 50 is now on its second year! From the cool Tagaytay Road Ultra experience last year, the 50 kilometer run-cation and ultra-party moves further north in the City of Pines.
Don Antonio Marcelo Santillan of Active Pinas and Stephen Lopez Bahaghari of Team Malaya will serve as race directors. Don is the race director of Itogonia Wild Country Trail Run while Stephen is the race director of Sagada Mountain Marathon and other Team Malaya events. Active Pinas and Team Malaya together with Pinoy Trails are also the key members of the Trail Academy, which is a series of trail running clinics in Manila and Baguio.
Amihan 50 Trail Ultra joins the cluster of events in Baguio that aims to establish and connect the different trails in Baguio and Itogon. We are inviting every runners to visit and explore the beautiful trails of the region. We believe that through this event, we can encourage, inspire and motivate people of all ages and backgrounds to live a healthy and balance lifestyle by engaging in running and other outdoor activities.
Amihan 50 Start list
NOTE: If you don’t see your name, relax & drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject AMIHAN50 START LIST – and your name. (e.g. AMIHAN50 START LIST – Bernardo Carpio)
Date, Time and Venue
- Date: December 2, 2018
- Day and Time: Sunday, 2am
- Venue: Camp John Hay Open Field, Baguio City
- Race Distances: 50km, 25km, 10km, 3km kids
Distance, Fees and Inclusions
Early Reg: Sept 15 to Oct 15
Regular Reg: Oct 16 to Nov 16 only
3km kids : Dec 1, 2018 @ 3PM
50k – Event Shirt, Amihan V2 Golite Race belt, Amihan50 Gaiters, Amihan String bag, Amihan Buff, Race Bib, Finisher Medal, Post Race Meal
25k – Event Shirt, Amihan V2 Golite Race belt, Amihan Buff, Amihan String Bag, Race Bib and Timing, Finisher Medal, Post Race Meal
10k – Event Shirt, Race Bib and Timing, Finisher Medal, Post Race Meal
3k kiddie Race – Kids Event shirt, Race Bib and Timing, Finisher Medal, Kiddie Lootbag
Regular Registration Rates:
(from Oct 16 to Nov 16)
50km – P 2,800
25km – P 2,000
10km – P 1,000
3km – P 600
Early Registration rates:
(Sept 15 to Oct 15 only)
50km – P 2,500
25km – P 1,800
10km – P 900
3km – P 600
Shirt and Map
All registered participants will have Event Shirt & Finishers medal after crossing the finish line. Below is the Shirt Size Chart. (Shirt design to be posted soon)
Registrations is now officially CLOSED
Registration can be done into various way.
- CMV Outdoors – G/F Chakas Bldg. Poblacion Bontoc, Mountain Province (0999-9954-154)
- Buklod Outdoor Shop –
(Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
Besides 4 brothers Eatery at Sitio Wawa, Rodriguez, Rizal & look for Mr. Richard Catapia (0950-255-2525)
Rules and Regulations
All participants are required to follow Amihan 50 Trail Ultra Race Rules and Regulations. Violations will be subjected to time penalty or disqualification at the sole discretion of the Race Director.
Before the Race
- Start/Finish Line: CJH Open Field, Baguio
- ASSEMBLY TIME AND RACE BRIEFING:
- 2:00 AM (50K)
- 4:00 AM (25K)
- 5:00 AM (10k)
- GUN START :
- 50k Start: 3:00 AM
- 25k Start: 5:00 AM
- 10k Start: 6:00 AM
- 3k Start: 3:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2018 (Saturday)
- CUT-OFF TIME:
- 50k Cut off time: 14hrs (with intermediate cutoff at km25 of 7hrs)
- 25k Cut off time: 7hrs.
- 10k Cut off time: 4hrs.
- 3k Cut off time: 2hrs.
Please be on time. Latecomers will be given up to 15 minutes only of extension to start their run after the gun start and beyond that, will not be allowed to join the race anymore as we will strictly implement all cut-off times for everyone’s safety. However, runners unable to complete their event will still be entitled to post-race items, except the Finisher medal.
During the Race:
- No Pacing/Muling: Non-participants may not accompany registered runners (on foot or otherwise) along the course.
- Do not litter on the course. This will result in disqualification and a lifetime ban to run Pinoy Trails races and Amihan ever again. On top of that, penalties may be imposed by the city LGU on violators.
- The race route will be marked by ribbons and/or directional tarpaulins. Runners must exercise utmost caution in all sections of the race course and be aware of their surroundings at all times.
- Slow runners must yield the trail to others wishing to pass.
- Taking of “selfies” / group pictures all you want provided you won’t impede runners at the back wishing to pass and finish before cut-off time.
- If you come across an injured fellow runner, please stay with that person until you reach an aid station.
- No short-cutting.
- Runners may not store supplies of any kind along the trail. Your shoes, clothing, and nutrition/hydration/emergency supplies, carried on your body are all that you should bring on your run to ensure competition fairness, your safety and that of other runners.
- Poles are allowed & recommended.
- Headphones ARE permitted, but NOT RECOMMENDED. If you must, please do so at volume that allows you to remain aware of your surroundings at ALL TIMES. We request that you only run with one ear bud in but if you chose to run with both in you MUST have the volume low enough so that you can hear other runners, hikers, and any potential wildlife.
- Runners may not receive assistance outside of designated Aid Stations by anyone other than another registered active runner. This standard is enforced for fairness to all runners. Runners do not need to have a crew. You are allowed to receive assistance from a crew within aid station boundaries so long as your crew does not impede other runners or race staff.
- Dropping Out (DNF/Did Not Finish): If you find it necessary to “DNF” the race, you must do so at the nearest aid station. Notify the aid station marshal and have the marshal remove your bib number. Failure to do so may result in ban from future races. If you feel you cannot get to the nearest aid station, stay on the trail, call the RD and a sweep will assist you. Do not leave the course without notifying an aid station marshal.
- Mandatory Drop Out: Medical staff and aid station captains have the authority to pull a runner from the event should they deem it unsafe for the runner to continue. The runner must comply with this decision.
- Rain or shine, the race will proceed except special cases like Typhoon, earthquake, floods or any natural calamities.
- NO free shuttle service to and from Camp John Hay open fields, Baguio is provided. However, there will be private shuttle vans for hire to take you to and from the race venue. (These vans are in no way affiliated with the race organizers).
- FREE parking is available at designated areas. While security will be provided, runners are solely responsible for securing their belongings. Race organizers and management will not be held liable for any damage or loss to personal items.
- Baggage deposit counters will be available at the Assembly Area. Runners are advised NOT to leave valuables and fragile items.
- The Race Organizers reserve the right to use pictures and videos taken during the event for publication in any form of media without any consideration, monetary or otherwise. Owners of published photos/videos will be duly recognized.
- The Race Director/Organizers may, at any time, make revisions on the course and race details/rules for the benefit of all runners.
- Any runner caught cheating, sabotaging course markings or violating the race rules will be subject to outright disqualification. The Race Director’s decision is final.
Kindly check and bring the Standard Mandatory requirements most especially for 50k, 25k and 10k categories. This is a GREEN EVENT which means that no water cup on all hydration Station.
Mandatory Gear should be presented during 1) race kit claiming at the venue; 2) check-in at the starting line; 3) random gear check; 4) finish line
- Fully-charged working mobile phone containing the number of the RD (TBA). It is required that the mobile phone is on at all times during the duration of the race.
- Bring your own water containers (bladder, race vest, hand-held bottles, etc.) with an initial volume of at least 500ml for 10km and 1000ml or more for 25k and 50k categories.
- NO water cups – Please be reminded that the aid stations will not provide water cups to protect the trail and you should not drink from the water gallon lids! Crew will be advised not to serve any drinks unless water bottles / small containers are presented by runners.
- Race Bib must be worn at all times.
- RD reserves the right to modify the course, placement of aid stations and any other aspects of the race. Decision of the RD on all matters affecting the race is final and not appeal-able.
- In case of complaint or protest, the fact and ground on which it is based must be immediately made known to the RD and/or nearest volunteers or aid stations, as far as practicable, with basis to substantiate such protest or complaint. Protest fee is P1,000. Complaint or protest must be made not later than the awarding ceremony, 10AM, December 02, 2018.