DBB Mountain Rockstar 2017 features Mount Batolusong and its nearby peaks. It’s gonna give you some huff and puff moments but the beauty of the trail will also keep you mesmerized. The race features a newbie-friendly 12-kilometer distance, a 25-kilometer distance and a 50 and 80 kilometers Ultra Distance. Race day is on April 9, 2017 at Barangay San Andres, Tanay, Rizal.
DBB Mountain Rockstar
Mount Batolusong is not the tallest of peaks at around 645 MASL. It does have a majestic view of the nearby mountain range like Mt. Susong Dalaga, Mt. Banahaw and Mt. Cristobal. The Mount Batolusong trails features several gorgeous trails, green views, rolling pastures, ridges and deep ravines. The scenery is a perfect spot for taking photos, hiking and of course, trail running.
If it were easy, it won’t be Rockstar race. Mt. Batolusong can be a challenge especially as you start building your momentum on the climb up until the Mapatag Plateau. While your huffing and puffing your way to the mountain peak, you’ll be rewarded with the scenic views of Sierra Madre Mountain Range. The 12K is a newbie-friendly race with a shorter distance but the elevation can still be a challenge. Experienced runners can opt to do the 25 kilometer distance and get rewarded with more peaks and views. Of course, the bolder ones can go for the 50 or 80 Kilometers Ultra Distance and get a fuller experience.
Race Day is on April 9, 2017 at San Andres in Tanay, Rizal. Register Now and get to experience how to be Mountain Rockstar.
Venue and Date
- Venue:Mt. Batolusong, Barangay San Andres, Tanay, Rizal
- Date: April 09, 2017 (Sunday)
- Start Time: 10:00AM-SAT (80km) / 4:00AM (50km) / 5:00AM (25km) / 5:30AM (12km)
- Cut Off Time : 12km (6hrs) / 25km (9hrs) / 50km (15hrs) / 80km (18km)
Fees and Inclusions
- 12km Mountain Trail Run – Php 1,150.00
- 25km Mountain Trail Run – Php 1,450.00
- 50km Mountain Ultra Trail Run – Php 1,800.00
- 80km Mountain Ultra Trail Run – Php 2,800.00 /
- Inclusive of the following: Finisher Shirt, Medal, Race Bandana, Personalized Bib Number and Post Race Meal.
- 25k, 50km and 80km finishers will get a FREE MGM Mountain Rockstar Cap
- Period of Registration: December 01, 2016 – March 14, 2017
- Registration Procedure:
- Deposit the registration fee to
- Account Name: Rayman D. delos Angeles
- BPI Savings Acct Num: 3199-1456-56
- Send a scanned copy of the deposit slip to with your name, gender, race distance and size of finisher shirt . Subject: MGM MT. BATOLUSONG REGISTRATION”.
- Please keep and present the deposit slip when claiming the race kit on the race day.
- Deposit the registration fee to
- Private Transportation
- From Cubao take Aurora Blvd. East Bound and continue straight to Marcos Highway. You will pass by Sta. Lucia Grand Mall, Masinag, and Cogeo. After Cogeo, you will traverse zigzag roads.
- You will pass by Palo Alto and Garden Cottages. A few meters from Kilometer Post 51, the Welcome Arch to Barangay San Andres is on the other side of the road (left side). This is actually the place that locals refer to as Batangasan or Batangas.
- Follow the road leading down to the valley that is Brgy. San Andres. You will pass through two small bridges. Take the left turn after the Brgy. Chapel. The Brgy. Hall cum registration area is located 30 meters from the main road and just before the covered court. From Batangasan, the Brgy. Hall is more or less 4 kms in distance.
- Early morning travel from Cubao to Brgy. San Andres is 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Public Transportation
- From Cubao, take a jeep or FX to Cogeo Gate 2 (Php 35 FX). Once in Cogeo, proceed to the jeepney terminal adjacent to the market and take the jeepney going to Sampaloc/Tanay. Tell the driver to drop you off at Batangasan/Batangas. (1 hour travel time).
- Hire a habal-habal or tricycle to San Andres Barangay Hall. (15 minutes travel time).
- Facebook Event Page: DBB Mountain Rockstar 2017