MGM Productions Present: DBB Rockstar Solo Trail Run 2016
October 22, 2016 (Saturday)
Carribean Resort Doña Remedios Trinidad
DBB Delos Angeles a.k.a DBB is a very well-known Trail runner, multi sports athlete, mountaineer and now a race organizer. It was in August 2013 that the DBB Challenge: Rockstar Solo was born (Mt. Balagbag trails). The 50km++ race course is the same route he take when he train for a race. DBB tagged along some of his friends to try it out (Ariel & Ronnel), and afterwards they convinced him to organize a race.
DBB Challenge was Born
Since then, he decided to come up with the DBB Challenge. For him, it wasn’t really the race but a supplement to the training and preparation for the major races ahead. The 50++km (around 58km) was road and trail combined with challenges in the terrain and then some more.
For DBB, organizing a race was more difficult than doing the actual execution of race. There are a lot of things to do and prepare. That includes designing the medals and shirts, getting suppliers, getting support for the race, planning the logistics, inviting the participants and tagging the trail/course. If the pre-race preparation was already hard, the race day itself was harder and very demanding. There were a lot of adjustments to be made mainly in logistics and posting of marshals. It was a good factor that the volunteer marshals and staff were flexible. It was also a big help that the Rockstars were hardcore and tough runners, not letting any obstacle stop them from crossing the finish line.
“I don’t want to run alone, I want to share the experience.” – DBB Delos Angeles
ROCKSTAR SOLO is Back
For 2016, DBB brings back the ROCKSTAR SOLO in the mountains of Doña Remedios Trinidad (DRT), Bulacan. This will be the fourth (4th) and last leg of the MGM Trail Running Series.
Race Route Preview
Last September 2, 2016, the race organizing team did some recon of the possible race route. Pinoy Trails is happy to show you the distinct trails of Doña Remedios Trinidad featuring Puning cave and Kabayunan trail.
- 50K Mountain Ultra Trail Run – P1,800
- 25K Mountain Trail Run – P1,450
- 50K Mountain Ultra Trail Run – Inclusive of Racebib, Finisher’s Shirt, Finisher’s Medal, Finisher’s Certificate, Post Race Meal, Race Bandana, [Exclusive] MGM Shoe Bag and Resort Entrance Fee/use of Swimming Pool.
- Part of the registration fee will be for an OUTREACH PROGRAM to HELP OUR DUMAGAT/KABALAT FOLKS of the community residing the area
Gun Start and Cut-off Time:
- 50K – 04:00AM (14hrs)
- 25K – 05:00AM (8hrs)
- Registration Period: Sept. 07 – Oct. 07, 2016
- Registration Procedure:
- Deposit the registration fee to
Account Name: Rayman D. delos Angeles
BPI Savings Acct Num: 3199-1456-56
- Send a scanned copy of the deposit slip to mgm_rockstarsolo2016@yahoo
.com with your name, gender, race distance and size of finisher shirt . Subject: “MGM ROCKSTAR SOLO REGISTRATION”.
- Please keep and present the deposit slip when claiming the race kit on the race day.
- Deposit the registration fee to
- Flashlight / headlamp
- Trail foods
- minimum of 500-ml of water for Hydration
- cellphone with load
- personal first aid kit
For constant event updates:
Facebook MGM Page – https://www.facebook.com/Mgm-Mountain-Run
Facebook event Page – https://www.facebook.com/events/1252702921447608
Source: www.mgmtrailrunningser.wixsite.com and DBB Team