Mount Polis Trail Run II gives you a chance to scale one of the tallest mountains in Bauko at almost 2,000 meters in elevation. It also a scenic appreciation of the Mount Polis. The run is happening on October 22, 2017 at Otocan Sur (Pak-as, Elementary School), Mountain Province with 5K, 10K, 21K & 42K categories to choose from.
Mount Polis Trail Run II
Mount Polis sits at a higher elevation, which also require a different type of challenge when running or hiking the said mountain. It’s a high altitude race with elevation exceeding 2000 meters above sea level. It’s a tough man’s race that needs proper preparation on the innate challenges such as physical and mental fatigue. Expect the following:
- High Elevation 2000m and above
- Long, steep climbs
- Extended distance and time between aid stations
- Severe weather, including heat, cold and rain
- Water crossings
- Exposure to potential for falls along ridge lines and
The race brings the much needed challenge to seasoned trail warriors and rewards you with the mountain side scenery of the area. Go short at 5K or 10K or take a half (21K) or Full (42K) marathon on the trails come October 22, 2017. It’s also a trail run for a cause with Lao-ingan Day Care Center as beneficiary. Register now!
Date and Venue
- Date: October 22, 2017
- Venue: Otocan Sur (Pak-as, Elementary School)
- Assembly Time: 4:00AM
- Gun Start will be at exactly 5:30AM with cut-off time at 14 hours (42K) and 8 hours (21K)
Fees and Inclusions
- 21K – Php. 1,500.00
- 42K – Php. 2,200.00
- 10K – Php. 750.00
- 5K-Php. 500.00
- You can avail the 10+1 Promo for Groups who wish to register (Until September 18, 2017)
- Inclusive of the following:
- Environmental Fees
- Race BIB
- Post Run Meal
- Finishers Medal (21k & 42K Finishers)
- Igortot Trail Runner’s Tokens (5K, 10K, 21K & 42K Finishers)
- Finisher’s Shirt – short sleeves (5k, 10K, 21K & 42k Finishers)
- Deposit Registration at PNB- Jomar P. Buclay 566366200019
- Fill up Google Docs Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W78kfYVe-XVfvUuZMB1d403CMg7WrKG-ej_NNO5zCWw/viewform?edit_requested=true
- Scan receipt and reg form then send to Jomar Buclayfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Fully-charged working mobile phone containing the number of JOMAR (09497004977/09568540019) . It is required that the mobile phone is on at all times during the duration of the race.
- Headlamp and/or flashlight with battery power to last for at least 8 hours.
- Water carrier (bladder, hand-held bottles, etc.) with volume of at least 500ml for 5kms and 10kms and 1,000ml for 42kms and 21kms
- Rain Jacket/thermal blanket/wind breaker
- 1500-2000 calories of food for those running the 21K and 42K.
- Sleeping Bag
- All participants are required to submit Medical Certificates to guarantee they are fit to engage in this activity
- Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no refund for participants who for whatever reason do not eventually take part in the Mt. Polis Mountain Run
- Race category and race entry are strictly nontransferable.
- No littering of any kind is allowed within or outside the course of the race tracks. There will be designated trash drops at each aid station that the runners can use to dispose of their waste.
- The race route will be passing through villages, so please respect the locals and their culture.
- Help any competitor who needs assistance along the trail.
- No Smoking anywhere within the course.
- There will be cutoff time for the 21K and 42K runners. This is for the safety of everyone.
- NO UNREGISTERED PACERS/BANDITS ALLOWED
- NO SUPPORT CREW TO BE ALLOWED WITHIN THE COURSE UNLESS PROPERLY REGISTERED
- Facebook Event Page: Mount Polis Trail Run II
- Inquiries: Jomar P. Buclay
- Globe: 09568540019
- @ Facebook Account
- Jomar P. Buclay
- Igorot Trail Runner