Wawa Dam is surrounded a lot of scenic trails. Another image that stands out aside from its overwhelming beauty is that it also owns those long, challenging and seemingly endless climb. That’s why its called, Rough N Tough Mountain Running Series and it’s now on it’s second leg. Wawa Gorge Marathon is happening on August 20, 2017 with 12K, 25K and 42K distances available.
Rough N Tough Mountain Running Series
Leg 1 of Rough and Tough gave the runners a taste of the wild trails of Timberland that came with the altitude and technical challenge. The road to being rough and tough in the trails continues as Leg 2 of the Mountain Running Series is set to take place on August 20, 2017 at Wawa Dam in Montalban, Rizal. With a rich trail ecosystem in the Wawa Dam area, expect to have long punishing ascents, sweet run-able trails, technically challenging trails and of course, a lot of visual and scenic enticement with series of mountains to explore and conquer.
The main event of the race is the Wawa Gorge Marathon, with a full 42 kilometers of trail exploration in the Montalban and San Mateo Area. There is also a middle distance of 25 kilometers, who are in a step-ladder preparation for even longer races. Then there is also a newbie friendly 12 kilometer distance that sweet yet would leave a memorable imprint of the joys and pains of trail running.
It’s not gonna be an easy journey after all its called, Rough N Tough. This will be a test your physical prowess, your mental strength and your endurance. At the end of the race, you’ll be a much tougher person and an extremely satisfied one. Register now and start preparing for another round of Mountain Running.
Date, Venue and Time
- Venue: WAWA DAM, MONTALBAN, RIZAL
- Date: AUGUST 20, 2017
- Day and Time: Sunday
- Gun Start:
- 42km: 2am
- 25km: 4am
- 15km: 5am
- 42km (12 HOURS)
- 25km (7 HOURS)
- 12km Race (4.5 HOURS)
Fees and Inclusions
- 42km (Inclusive of Sublimated Tech shirt,soft flask, headwear, collapsible cup, lunch) -P2,500
- 25km (Inclusive of Tech shirt, headwear, soft flask collapsible cup, lunch) – P1,600
- 12km (Inclusive of tech shirt, headwear, collapsible cup, breakfast) – P1,200
- Registration Period: June 30- August 5, 2017
- Log on to www.raceyaya.com and fill up the online registration form
- Pay registration fee through:
- Paypal or
- Bank Deposit
– BPI: Anna Marissa Remigio, S/A # 0429-3165-61, or
– BDO (Anna Marissa Remigio, S/A # 2210-4119-78
- Email proof of payment/deposit slip to Race Yaya and wait for registration confirmation through E-Mail (2-3 days).
- For inquiries and registration concerns email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kit Claiming
- Saturday, August 19 (1PM-6PM) AND Sunday, August 20 (12MN-5AM) at the Starting Line in Wawa, Montalban (Exact Location: TBA)
- Male: 15~19 yrs, 20~29, 30-29, 30~39, 40~49, 50 & above
- Female: 20~29, 30~39, 40 & above