4X the fun & 4X the excitements for it’s fourth Year! As RUN 2 ME is celebrating another momentous birthday run of Master Lao which offers new grounds of Adventure inside the beautiful trails of Mount Ayaas.
Watch the 2018 RUN 2 ME teaser
Mt. Ayaas FKT Trail Challenge
Pinoy Trails and HOKA One One Trail Series presents the 4th Edition of Run 2 Me featuring one of our favorite trail playgrounds, Mt. Ayaas. It has the captivating early morning sea of clouds that blends perfectly with the cool fresh air of Montalban mountain ranges.
Aside from Master Lao’s Bday celebration. This year’s event provides a new adventure & twist to all participants called the Fastest known time (FKT) Challenge wherein top finishers for both categories will win special prizes. Mount Ayaas will definitely give you a lung-busting experience with it’s assault and distinct trail route. Newbies, hardcore, road and trail runners are invited to conquer the friendly, well-established yet challenging trails on the uphills and downhills of Sitio Wawa, Montalban Rizal this September 02, 2018. The event is composed of three (3) categories, 21km, 10km and a new 2km kiddie run.
Background & Info.:
Major jumpoff: Brgy. Wawa, Rodriguez, Rizal
Minor jumpoff: Brgy. Mascap, Rodriguez, Rizal
LLA: 14°45′3.38′′ N, 121°12′27.5′ 627 MASL (+570)
Mt. Ayaas is a well-known outdoor destinations of Rodriguez, Rizal. The first half involves mostly river trekking, and the difficulty is highly weather-dependent, as the rocks are very slippery when wet – and the water level is high such that it is inevitable that you yourself will get wet. Past the river trek, the trail becomes more inclined, passing through woodlands and a final assault up grassland slopes to reach the summit. With its distinctive features, ease of access, and relatively challenging trails, Mt. Ayaas is truly another compelling reason to visit Montalban which also considered as one of famous & fast haven for hikers and trail runners.
Date, Time and Venue
- Date: September 2, 2018 (Sunday)
- Time: 2:30 am to 11 am
- Venue: Wawa Covered Court, Sitio Wawa, San Rafael, Rodriguez, Rizal
Distance, Fees and Description
- 21km (P1,000) – The trail route for half marathon is the usual trail direction of hiker from Sitio Wawa to Mt. Ayaas Peak and goes down to Sitio Puray area leading to Puray falls. The trails composed of rocky area in the beginning, five (5) times river-crossing, mud, concrete road and hanging bridge. Aid station are strategically put into places which is accessible by our support vehicles that will served you foods at the ff.: Km 3 (Nanay Puring Store – AS1), Km 10/Km 18 (Waiting Shed after Ayaas – AS2 & AS4) and Km 14 (near Puray Falls). Expect some bananas, chips, water and biko in the AS.
- 10km (P800) – The usual hiker trail route from Wawa to Mt. Ayaas Peak. An out-and-back route the will surely pump up your heart beat due to elevation and technical trails. AS is located at Km 3 which is the store of Nanay Puring serving you cold water, Banana, chips and biko.
- 2km (P300) – This kiddie fun race created to bring-out the sense of outdoor adventure for the kids of Participants. Route will cover 1km road from Wawa covered court going to Mt. Parawagan traills & 1km back. Open for children ages from two (2) years old to twelve (12) years old. (same as OYD Kiddie Race)
Shirt and Medal
All registered participants will have Finishers medal after crossing the finish line. All Runners, except 2km kiddie race will receive the event shirt. Below is the preview of Event shirt and Finisher Medal.
RUN 2 ME 2018 Event shirt design (Full Sublimated)
MEDAL SIZES: 21km – 4″ | 10km – 3″ | 2km – 3″
Register by following the steps below;
1. Deposit Payment to below Accts:
BPI Account #: 2569-17-8935
Account Name: Maria Vicenta Gado
2. Email the deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org with below details.
Subject Title: “RUN 2 ME 2018 Registration”
Name of Runner:
Shirt Size: (See Shirt Size chart)
3. You will be receiving an email confirming your registration within 3 business days.
**(10+1 Promo) For every group of 10 registrants, 1 race kit is FREE!!
– UPNR Training Session
(Every Tuesday and Thursday only from 7 pm to 9 pm at UP Science Complex)
Contact: Avhic Gado at 0936-807-3951 before going to UP Diliman
– Buklod Outdoor Shop
(Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
Besides 4 brothers Eatery at Sitio Wawa, Rodriguez, Rizal. Look for Mr. Richard Catapia at 0950-255-2525
– Omega Fitness
(Monday to Sunday from 6 am to 9 pm)
Fairview Branch- (02) 372 6287 or 0917 5160 505
Mandaluyong Branch – 0917 5630 505
Facebook Page – OMEGA FITNESS
Registration & Inclusions
2k kids – P300 (Race Bib, Finisher Medal, Raffle stub, Sponsors Item, Tourism fees)
10k – P800 (Event Shirt, Race Bib, Finisher Medal, Post Race Meal, Raffle stub, Sponsors Item, Tourism fees and 20% discount coupon from HOKA One One)
21k – P1000 (Event Shirt, Race Bib, Finisher Medal, Post Race Meal, Raffle stub, Sponsors Item, Tourism fees and 20% discount coupon from HOKA One One))
Raffle Grand Prize: A Brand new HOKA One One Shoes
Cut-off Time / Race Qualifications
21km – 7 hours / Medical Certification fit to Run & completed (at least) 21km Road/Trail run
10km – 4 hours and 30 mins.
2km kids – 1 hour and 30 mins.
DISTRIBUTION/CLAIMING OF RACE KITS AND SHIRT WILL BE ON RACE DAY, SEPTEMBER 2 AT THE ORGANIZER AREA AROUND 2 A.M. Just look for Ms. Avhic.
Rules and Regulation
All participants are required to follow RUN 2 ME 2018 Race Rules and Regulations. Violations will be subjected to time penalty or disqualification at the sole discretion of the Race Director.
Before the Race
- Start/Finish Line: Wawa Covered Court, Rodriguez, Rizal
- ASSEMBLY TIME AND RACE BRIEFING:
- 3:00 AM (21K)
- 4:00 AM (10K)
- 6:00 AM (2K)
- GUN START AND CUT-OFF TIMES:
- 21k Start: 4:00 AM, Cut-off time SEVEN (7) hours (Finish line).
- 10k Start: 5:00 AM, Cut-off time FOUR (4) hours and 30 minutes
- 2k Start: 7:00 AM, Cut-off time One (1) hours and 30 minutes
Please be on time. Latecomers will be given up to 15 minutes only of extension to start their run after the gun start and beyond that, will not be allowed to join the race anymore as we will strictly implement all cut-off times for everyone’s safety. However, runners unable to complete their event will still be entitled to post-race items, except the Finisher medal.
During the Race:
- No Pacing/Muling: Non-participants may not accompany registered runners (on foot or otherwise) along the course.
- Do not litter on the course. This will result in disqualification and a lifetime ban to run Pinoy Trail races ever again. On top of that, penalties may be imposed by the city LGU on violators.
- The race route will be marked by ribbons and/or directional tarpaulins. Runners must exercise utmost caution in all sections of the race course and be aware of their surroundings at all times.
- Slow runners must yield the trail to others wishing to pass.
- Taking of “selfies” / group pictures all you want provided you won’t impede runners at the back wishing to pass and finish before cut-off time.
- If you come across an injured fellow runner, please stay with that person until you reach an aid station.
- No short-cutting.
- Runners may not store supplies of any kind along the trail. Your shoes, clothing, and nutrition/hydration/emergency supplies, carried on your body are all that you should bring on your run to ensure competition fairness, your safety and that of other runners.
- Poles are allowed & recommended.
- Headphones ARE permitted, but NOT RECOMMENDED. If you must, please do so at volume that allows you to remain aware of your surroundings at ALL TIMES. We request that you only run with one ear bud in but if you chose to run with both in you MUST have the volume low enough so that you can hear other runners, hikers, and any potential wildlife.
- Runners may not receive assistance outside of designated Aid Stations by anyone other than another registered active runner. This standard is enforced for fairness to all runners. Runners do not need to have a crew. You are allowed to receive assistance from a crew within aid station boundaries so long as your crew does not impede other runners or race staff.
- Dropping Out (DNF/Did Not Finish): If you find it necessary to “DNF” the race, you must do so at the nearest aid station. Notify the aid station marshal and have the marshal remove your bib number. Failure to do so may result in ban from future races. If you feel you cannot get to the nearest aid station, stay on the trail, call the RD and a sweep will assist you. Do not leave the course without notifying an aid station marshal.
- Mandatory Drop Out: Medical staff and aid station captains have the authority to pull a runner from the event should they deem it unsafe for the runner to continue. The runner must comply with this decision.
- Rain or shine, the race will proceed except special cases like Typhoon, earthquake, floods or any natural calamities.
- NO free shuttle service to and from Wawa is provided. However, there will be private shuttle vans for hire to take you to and from the race venue. (These vans are in no way affiliated with the race organizers).
- FREE parking is available at designated areas. While security will be provided, runners are solely responsible for securing their belongings. Race organizers and management will not be held liable for any damage or loss to personal items.
- Baggage deposit counters will be available at the Assembly Area (Wawa Court). Runners are advised not to leave valuables and fragile items.
- The Race Organizers reserve the right to use pictures and videos taken during the event for publication in any form of media without any consideration, monetary or otherwise. Owners of published photos/videos will be duly recognized.
- The Race Director/Organizers may, at any time, make revisions on the course and race details/rules for the benefit of all runners.
- Any runner caught cheating, sabotaging course markings or violating the race rules will be subject to outright disqualification. The Race Director’s decision is final.
- There will be a total of three (3) water stations, plus ONE (1) FOOD station at km 14 (for 21K runners) along the course. Two aid Station for 10km category which is located at km 3 (Nanay Puring Store)
Kindly check and bring the Standard Mandatory requirements most especially for 21k and 10k categories. This is a GREEN EVENT which means that no water cup on all hydration Station.
Mandatory Gear should be presented during 1) race kit claiming at the venue; 2) check-in at the starting line; 3) random gear check; 4) finish line
- Fully-charged working mobile phone containing the number of the RD +639195299405. It is required that the mobile phone is on at all times during the duration of the race.
- Bring your own water containers (bladder, race vest, hand-held bottles, etc.) with an initial volume of at least 500ml for 10km and 1000ml or more for 21k.
- NO water cups – Please be reminded that the aid stations will not provide water cups to protect the trail and you should not drink from the water gallon lids! Crew will be advised not to serve any drinks unless water bottles / small containers are presented by runners.
- Race Bib must be worn at all times.
- RD reserves the right to modify the course, placement of aid stations and any other aspects of the race. Decision of the RD on all matters affecting the race is final and not appeal-able.
- In case of complaint or protest, the fact and ground on which it is based must be immediately made known to the RD and/or nearest volunteers or aid stations, as far as practicable, with basis to substantiate such protest or complaint. Protest fees is P500. Complaint or protest must be made not later than the awarding ceremony, 9AM, Sept. 02, 2018.
- Oldest Trail Runner Award
- Youngest Trail Runner Award
- Biggest Team Delegation Award (Most number of team members registered in the event)
- Podium Finishers (Top 3 in all categories, Male & Female)