Cordillera Mountain Ultra is a showcase of the beautiful Cordillera Mountain Range. It offers a 50 kilometer distance that takes you to the peak of Mount Ugo, a scenic yet challenging 22 kilometer run, a first of its kind Vertical Kilometer and a family-friendly kiddie trail run. Race day is on March 4-5, 2017 at Dalupirit, Itogon, Benguet.
Cordillera Mountain Ultra
Cordillera Mountain Ultra is among the more challenging races in terms of elevation gain. Despite the challenge, you’re in for a scenic running tour all the way to Mount Ugo. The main event, which is the 50 kilometer distance, offers the full package of river trek, hanging bridges, rough trails, long and endless climbs, suicide descents and a really awesome view along the route. It showcases the Cordillera Mountain Range and the importance of environment conservation.
The 22 Kilometer distance has its share of challenges, which includes about 3-4 kilometers of steep ascent all the way to the u-turn area. Don’t worry. You’ll get the hang of the climb. Your reward will be the panoramic view of the Cordillera Mountain Range and the Agno River.
The vertical kilometer is a first of its kind in the country with a maiden staging last year. It’s just about 5-6 kilometers but the catch is it covers more than a thousand meters worth of elevation. It will be short but it will definitely push you to your limits when it comes to your climbing threshold.
Being a family friendly event, they are offering a kiddie trail run. It’s a short 4 kilometer run with a view of the Agno River and some exciting hanging bridge crossing. The race is open to kids 5 years up to 18 years old. It also has a category for the trail virgins 18 years old and above for an entry course to the world of trail running.
Keep It Wild
Choose your distance and explore the Cordillera Region on foot. Your eyes would feast on the scenic views and natural wonders. The fresher air will refresh your lungs and the climbs will challenge your climbing threshold. The race would physically and mentally challenge you but it will make you stronger. Cordillera Mountain Ultra is a key race in the first quarter of 2017. Register Now and Keep it Wild.
Date and Venue
- Date: March 4-5, 2017
- Venue: Dalupirip, Itogon, Benguet
- Race Kit Claiming:
- Where: Dalupirip Covered Courts, Dalupirip, Itogon, Benguet
- Time: March 3-4, 2017, 8am to 5pm
- Race Start Area: Dalupirip Covered Courts, Dalupirip, Itogon, Benguet
- Assembly Time
- Vertical KM: 5AM: March 4, 2017
- CMU: 3:00AM: March 5, 2017
- 21KM MOUNTAIN RUN: 5:00AM: March 5, 2017
- KIDDIE TRAIL RUN: 6:00AM: March 5, 2017
- Gun Start
- VERTICAL KM: 6:00 am sharp/March 4, 2017 (Tabu, Dalupirip)
- 50K CMU: 4:00am sharp/March 5, 2017
- 21KM MOUNTAIN RUN: 5:30AM/March 5, 2017
- KIDDIE TRAIL RUN: 6:30AM: March 5, 2017
Fees and Inclusion
- 50k Cordillera Mountain Ultra (Filipino registrants): PhP3500
- 50k Cordillera Mountain Ultra (Non-Filipino registrants): USD$90
- 21k Mountain Run: (Filipino Registrants):PhP2200
- 21k Mountain Run: (Non- Filipino Registrants): $55
- Vertical KM (Filipino registrants): PhP1300
- Vertical KM (Non-Filipino registrants): USD$35
- Kiddie Trail Run: (Filipino and Non-Filipino): P800
- Race Kit, Finishers Shirt, and Medal
- Post race meal
- Trail Snacks at Aid Stations
- Entrance fees to Mt. Ugo
- Online via Cordillera Conservation Trust
- Select join on your preferred category at Cordillera Conservation Trust Website
- Pay the corresponding registration fee for the event that you will join:
- Bank Deposit
- Cordillera Conservation Trust inc.
- Account Number: 005180173761
- Banco De Oro , La Trinidad, Benguet
- SWIFT CODE: BNORPHMM
- Pay Pal
- PayPal charges an additional 3% for transaction fees.
- Bank Deposit
- Email the deposit slip with your name and chosen event to: email@example.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org a duly accomplished medical certificate AND signed waiver from the registration form to the event organiser certifying that you are healthy enough to join the marathon or trail run. (WAIVER and MedCert)
- For those making a bank deposit please complete your deposit within 48 hours of completion of the registration process in order to confirm your slot.
- Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable. Refund is not available in case of cancellation or postponement of the race due to fortuitous events or factors beyond the control of the race organizer.
- You can also submit your Medical Certificates before claiming your race kits prior to the race.
- No medical certificate no race kit.
Qualifications for 50 K Distance
- Finished any 21km trail run or a longer distance.
- Full road marathon 42kms Finisher
- Ultra marathon Finisher
- STRAVA data that you have run either a 21-30km trail run, a 42 and up km road run, or climbed 2000m in one run.
- Fully-charged working mobile phone containing the number of the RD +639997278217. The mobile phone is required to be on at all times during the duration of the race. (They will also post signs where there is an available signal in the more remote sections of the course)
- Headlamp and/or flashlight with battery power to last for at least 8 hours. Runners will not be allowed to continue unless this piece of gear is produced for their own safety.
- Water carrier (bladder, hand-held bottles, etc.) with volume of at least 500ml for VK and 1,000ml for 50kms and 21kms.
- Water cup – The aid stations will not provide water cups to protect the trail and you should not drink from the bottles! The crew will not to serve any drinks unless water cups are presented by runners.
- Rain Jacket
- 1500-2000 calories of food for those running the 50k and 500 calories for VK.
- At least PhP1000 pesos for emergency transport from Domolpos or Tinungdan via motorbike
- Failure to provide any of the above equipment will be grounds for disqualification
Environmental and Cultural Rules:
- No littering of any kind is allowed within or outside the course of the CMU. Any person caught littering will be immediately stopped and disqualified from the race. There will be designated trash drops at each aid station that the runners can use to dispose of their waste.
- No picking of any plants is allowed within the course of the CMU especially within the pine and mossy forests. Violation is subject to disqualification.
- Defacating outside of designated areas is strictly prohibited within the national park. We will designate restrooms in the villages as well as in the grassland area that can be used. Violation is subject to disqualification.
- Respect the local population and culture you will be passing through, this is their home and we are all visitors in their mountains. A smile and a helping hand goes a long way.
- Help any competitor who needs assistance along the trail.
- Do not alter or vandalize any existing structures within the trail such as waiting sheds or natural items such as rocks and trees. Violation is subject to disqualification.
- No Smoking anywhere within the course.
- NO UNREGISTERED PACERS/BANDITS ALLOWED
- NO SUPPORT CREW WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THE COURSE UNLESS PROPERLY REGISTERED
- Participants who will DNF will have to make their own way back to the starting/finish line.
- For the vertical km distance the participants must make their own way down from sitio Bantik.
- For the 50km distance participants can hire motorbikes from the village of Domolpos to take them back to Itogon at their own cost.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INFORM RACE STAFF IF YOU CHOOSE TO DNF
- 50k: Cutoff time is 13 hours or 5:00PM – Marshals will start sweeping runners from the trail at exactly 4:30 pm. Any runners caught on the trail at this time will no longer be allowed to continue and will be directed to the finish line.
- Intermediate Cut off: Oling Village: 3.5 hours
- VK: Cutoff time 2.5 hours or 8:30AM – Marshals will start sweeping runners from MT. MARIKIT area at exactly 9:00 AM. Any runners caught on the trail at this time will no longer be allowed to continue and will be directed down to the finish line.
- 21k: Cutoff time: 6 hours –Marshals will start sweeping runners from sitio Bantik area at exactly 12:00PM. Any runners caught on the trail at this time will no longer be allowed to continue and will be directed down to the finish line.
Race Updates and Full Details
- Website: Cordillera Conservation Trust
- Facebook Event Page: Cordillera Mountain Ultra