Mafate Mudfest was a total mud party made special by the rains that came before event day. The tough route got even tougher but that didn’t stop the runners from enjoying the race and making new friends and memories.
Difficult roads lead to greater satisfaction and deep rooted memories. Mafate Mudfest was definitely NOT a walk in the park. The route was rich in inclines and challenging descents made even tougher by the muddy surfaces brought about by the rains. Mafate Mudfest was a totally different crazy adventure from previous races at Timberland Heights. About 300 runners of all ages came and valiantly raced along the muddy surface en route to an epic race.
Sponsors and Partners
Mafate Mudfest is brought to you by Hoka One One and PT Events with Timberland Heights as venue partner and supported by the following sponosrs:
- Pinoy Trails – Media and Marketing Partner
- Nutrition Partner – Vitargo which would be available at our aid station
- Garmin – Time clock partner
- Hydration and Nutrition Partners – Lightwater, Vitamin Boost and Emco Musli, Fitbar, Kaffea, My Daily Collagen, Black Mamba, Partea
- Race Gear Partner – Amihan Sports Gear
- Registration partner – My Runtime
- Timing Partner – Race Tech
- Race photographers – Glairold Recella, Active Pinas, CN Creatives and Graphical Beginnings
- Videographers – A&J Visuals, Spektra Productions
- Sponsors – Oofos, Globe Telecom, Runnr, Tobys, Ziv and Fuelbelt
The event started at 4:30 am for the opening program with Host Chiqui Reyes. The program started with the opening prayer and remarks, race briefing and reminders, talk from Vitargo on the nutrition and an entertaining Zumba warm up before the first batch of runners were released. The 24K runners had their start at around 5:00 am with the 16K and 8K followed with 1 hour intervals. Finally, the kids got to start at 7:30 am.
The runners had to traverse to attractions within Timberland Heights like the Timberland Falls, The Panoramic Tabletop and the scenic Roxas Loop. The 16K and 24K runners enjoyed other trail access within San Mateo area. It was a difficult journey. The runners were beaming with satisfaction on their feat upon crossing the finish line. They also got a finisher medal, finisher towel, Mafate Mudfest cap and items from out sponsors.
Mudfest In Photos
We know each one has a story to tell. But, Let’s have the photos of Foxcy Smiles Photography Glairold Recella tell the story of the Mudfest.