Run with the Wind Pagudpud gives you a mountain to sea view with the windmills being a part of the scenic landscape. The race has a 3-kilometer hike, a 14-kilometer windfarm run and a 27 kilometer mountain to sea run on February 18, 2018 at The North Luzon Renewable Corporation Wind Farm is located in Barangay Caparispisan, Pagudpud.
Run with the Wind
Pagudpud is known for its magnificent views of the sea. This Ferbruary 18, 2017, get a combination of the lush green reserve of both Pagudpud, the windfarm of The North Luzon Renewable Corporation and the West Philippine Sea at Run with the Wind Pagudpud. It’s a race-cation destination and a tick mark on your bucket list. The race have a family-friendly 3-kilometer hike, a one of a king 14-kilometer windfarm run and a 27-kilometer mountain to sea run.
The race starts at The North Luzon Renewable Corporation Wind Farm, which is located in Barangay Caparispisan, Pagudpud and showcases their windfarms and their rolling terrain within the compound. The longer distance get to have a run around Pagudpud’s fine white sand beaches and pristine waters. It’s a race for those who just want to chill and can also be an excellent tune up race for those with upcoming marathons and ultra.
Start 2018 on the trails and Run with the Wind!
Date and Venue:
- Date: February 18, 2018
- Venue: The North Luzon Renewable Corporation Wind Farm, Barangay Caparispisan, Pagudpud
Fees and Inclusions
- 3 km Fun Hike. P500.00 or US$10.00. Includes finisher’s medal and post-race meal.
- 14km Windfarm Run P900.00 or US$18.00. Includes finisher’s medal, finisher’s shirt (size required upon registration) and post-race meal.
- 27km Mountain-to-Sea Run P1,800.00 or US$36.00. Includes finisher’s medal, finisher’s shirt (size required upon registration) and post-race meal.
- Deadline for registration is on February 11, 2018.
- Due to production leadtimes, sizes of finisher’s shirts for entries received after January 15, 2018 shall be on an “as available” basis during race day.
- Early Bird Registration
- 10% Early bird discount up to December 15, 2017. Regular registration fee applies from December 16, 2017 to February 11, 2018.
- Transfers: All entries are NON-REFUNDABLE. However, slots may be transferred to another participant for a transfer fee of P500.00 or US$10.00. Deadline for transfers is January 31, 2018.
3 Kilometer Fun Hike
A leisurely hike through the manicured hiking trails inside the NLREC Wind Farm. Perfect for families or groups that want to experience the beauty of the North without the pressure of racing. This Hike begins at the Visitors’ Center and winds through the northern trails of the windfarm before circling back to the Visitors’ Center. Cut-off time is 2 hours. All hikers will be escorted off the trail at this time.
14 Kilometer Windfarm Run
For runners and hikers who want to experience trail running but cannot commit to a longer distances, the Windfarm Run is the perfect choice. This trail run starts at the Visitors’ Center then skirts around the foothills on the west side of the windfarm. At the 4 kilometer mark, runners will climb towards WTG1 or Wind Turbine 1 and continue along the rolling dirt roads of the windfarm. After making a u-turn at the Windfarm Nursery, runners then head back to the Finish Line at the Visitors’ Center.
Cut-off time is 3 hours. All runners who are still on the course at this time will be escorted back to the Visitors’ Center.
27 Kilometer Mountain-to-Sea Run
This long distance trail run combines a variety of terrain to give runners an enjoyable and memorable trail experience. Runners will follow the 14 kilometer run course, but instead of proceeding to the 14k turnaround, runners will exit the windfarm at Turbine #10. They will then negotiate a short single track that offers 360-degree views of the bay to the west and mountains to the east. A barangay road will connect runners to the next trail section that ascends from Caunayan to a hill that overlooks Barangay Balaoi. Upon reaching the shoreline at Balaoi, runners follow the beach for the last leg back to the windfarm. Finish line cut-off is 5 hours.
Cut-off at the checkpoint in Balaoi is 3 hours. Runners who are not at this checkpoint by this time will be escorted back to the windfarm.
- Online via Active.Com / Run with the Wind Pagudpud site
- Website: https://runwiththewindpagudpud.com
- Event page: Run with the Wind Pagudpud